Friday, April 20, 2007

My Journey

Remember the day, while travelling with my mom to Dharmasthala, I was awe struck by the sheer beauty and glory of western ghats.

Monsoon was at it's peak. Netravathi river originating from somewhere in Kudremkuha ranges was in it's full fury, flowing just beside the road. The trees, plants, grass and everything visible around was covered in morning mist. Beautiful hills were covered in dense green foliage through which sun rays were struggling to enter. The crisp, cold and fresh mountain air, I was breathing created an aura of eternal bliss.

I realized that these are the most beautiful, unspoilt creations of god and being part of it draws me closer to god. Perhaps this is why people tend to find spirituality high up on these hills. The peace, solitude and tranquility on the hills could touch a man's soul.

Ever since, I wished to be part of this beautiful terrain. Hence started my long lasting relationship with the hills, jungles and waterfalls.

No comments: